Friday, April 20, 2007

April 20, 2007

Yesterday I called the clinic and they are putting together our schedule right now. As soon as I get it I will let you know.

Today I went up into our Guest room and sat in the cozy chair that the previous owners left and belted out my favorite worship song.

“I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The son of God discloses

And he walks with me and he talks with me
And he tells me I am his own
And the joy we share as we terry there
No other has ever known

he speaks and the sound of his voice
Is so sweet the birds hush there singing
And the melody that he gave to me
Within my heart is ringing”

The second verse has always been my favorite…. One thing not everyone knows about me and something I hold so dearly… When I was like 17 I was lying in bed asleep and I heard a voice say “Hannah I love you” I sat up in bed and nobody was awake and I had shivers, there was such a peace that filled my room that night. I hold that voice so close to my heart and I hear it in my head in those times I’m really poring it out to God. All the many times I’ve begged God for a child, I knew he was listening and I could just hear that voice again and again “Hannah, I love you”.

Another thing you may or may not know is how I got my name. My parents loved the story of Hannah in the bible and so they named me after her. Growing up I’d say “I’m just like Hannah” (seriously, but did I really know) But in the last few years I’ve really felt as though I’ve understood her more and felt a connection with who she was. Today I read the story again and I couldn’t control the tears… I love the part in 1 Samuel 1:19 Where it says “and the Lord remembered her” God is so good, HE IS SO GOOD. My heart is so full right now of thankfulness and the love for my savior. I may just have to turn on some music and dance before the Lord (because the fact that I can dance is another miracle… because God healed these legs and I will forever use them to show him glory and honor!!!!) AMEN!!!!!!! AMEN!!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!

2 comments:

guidrypeas said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. Guidrypeas and prayers are with you!

Katrina said...

How I love to hear what the Lord is doing in your heart. That very song and that very story were brought to my attention today and I was refreshed and the Lord blesses by giving it to me a second time through my Hannah. The Lord is with you!
Love you so very much.
Mom/Nana

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"