Monday, May 28, 2007

Lupron injections

Call me weird but I was actually excited about giving myself my first injection. I kept waking up in the night to make sure I hadn't missed my alarm because I need to take my shot between 4 and 8 in the morning, but whatever it is I need to be consist ant so my alarm clock is set to 7:30. I woke up got Melody out of bed to video tape and went to it. I'll post the video as soon as I get a hold of my husband and he is able to walk me through it.

Anyways the shot wasn't bad it felt like I was getting pricked by a needle and then after the injection the area looked like a bug bite. It was a bit tender at first but now I feel nothing. I made sure to read all the symptoms that can be brought on by these injections and there were thinks like irregular heart beat, nerve damage... a huge list!!! But most common where hot flashes, bone aches and nausea. I'm proud to say I didn't even get a head ache. I feel amazing in fact I feel like I have a lot of energy. Basically Lupron is like hormones I pumping into myself so I'm wondering if maybe I need to find a better vitamin that will natural produce more.

I am experiencing some spotting though. I was told this shouldn't happen until I stop my birth control but I started it yesterday so I know it has nothing to do with the shot. The clinic was closed to tomorrow I'll call them and inform them, I'm sure its nothing but I just want to make sure. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the video posted for all you that want to see it.

Love ya!!!

No comments:

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"