Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Retrieval Day

Last night I had a hard time going to sleep, I kept thinking of everything that could possibly go wrong. I woke up bright and early excited to start the day. Julie came to pick us up and took us to the clinic. We we're brought to the back into a room and I was asked to change into my dressing gown. We sat there for awhile our nurse coming in and out of our room and us signing some paper work. Finally the anaesthesiologist came in and he gave me my IV, I was then brought back to the procedure room. They gave me the good stuff and I remember counting down from 10 twice and the saying wow this stuff is awesome that's were I don't know what happened. I woke up about 30 minutes and they brought me back to the room I changed in. Apparently I was complaining about my left side hurting and they put a warm blanket on my side. The first thing I remember is them saying how is your left side and I sorta got worried thinking oh my gosh what happened with my left side. Then I heard Tyler outside the room and I kept moaning his name. Finally he came in the room and I said I want a kiss and told him how much loved him... all very sappy stuff I'm sure. Then he went into the room it only took about 10 minutes. He was so funny!!!! The first thing he did was look under his blanket at his balls (in front of the nurse) and said well there still there. Then he started asking for his hat and she came back and put it on his head. Then he pushed his bed as close as he could get to me to hold my hand. Tyler just kept checking for his balls finally I said babe why do you keep looking down at your balls and he said I looked at them before. I just started laughing!!!! Then he feels his head and realizes his hat is on and says sweet they let me do all this with my hat on? I said no you were just asking for it and they gave it to you.

As for all the results they found 18 eggs and they only had to go into Tyler one time... praise Jesus!!!

So then they had to teach Tyler how to give me my shot in my butty, it actually wasn't that bad it just felt like a cramped muscle during dance. Tyler just laughed at my butty (thanks babe). Then we dressed and were wheeled out of the doctors office and Julie was out front with the car waiting for us. We went to Safeway and picked up some drugs, water, Gatorade and snacks. We then went to Jamba Juice and got a smoothie and pretzel for lunch, they said that heavy fatty foods might make us sick. We got back to our room and have been in bed ever since. Tyler is feeling good not to bad just a headache. I on the other hand have taken some codeine and have a hard time moving, I'm experiencing cramps with some really sore muscles. It hurts to use the restroom. I'm just told I need to be drinking lots of water to help prevent the OHSS.

So tomorrow and some point we should find out what is going on with are "stuff" cant wait:)!!!

No comments:

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"