Thursday, January 24, 2008

false alarm



So yesterday I woke got out of bed around 9 with horrible back and belly pains. Tyler and I wanted to tidy up our house so we were getting some cleaning done. Don't worry, Tyler does all the lifting and big stuff, I fold laundry and rinse dishes. Anyways my back and belly would just not stop hurting. I laid down and tried to relax many times and it just wasn't working. I literally started sweating I was in so much pain. So finally around 2 I called the doctor and told them what the problem was and they sent me to the Labor and Delivery to be monitored. Once we got in the car it only got worse, I could not sit without feeling more pain. We finally got to the hospital and then checked in... the whole process seemed like 30 min. When in reality it was like 10. Finally I got to my room and they set me up to the monitors and I told them I felt like a big wus and she said no your having contractions and they hurt. I met with the perinatologist (lol... I new his family from church but it was the first time I met him). I had the doctor come in and she checked me out and took some tests. Then they hooked me up to some fluids and eventually the pain eased. They said they wanted to see if my contractions would slow down or stop before they gave me a shot of something to stop it... well they didn't slow down so they gave me the shot and guess what my contractions still we're going. But the tests determined that I was not in labor and that all was fine so they sent me home once I felt normal again and now I'm on limited activity... which they told me before, but no more trips to the grocery store. I'm laying low and not doing much of anything.

Today we went and met our pediatrician.... so one more thing off my list. This weekend Tyler's mom LouAnn is here and she is helping Tyler get the nursery finished. I'll post pictures by the end of the weekend. YIPPI its looking so good!!!

4 comments:

emma & naomi's mommy said...

i'm glad everything is okay:) not too much longer......

Beth said...

that was me :)

Mark & Julie said...

I'm glad all is ok, take it easy woman!!!! If you feel like that again (and likely you will), drink a HUGE glass of water and lay down on your left side. You gotta watch those contractions (painful little buggers aren't they?!?!?!)

Keep updating, I love to hear what's going on.

Joey & Erin said...

So exciting! And getting so close! You are almost there! Can't wait to see pics of the nursery! And can't wait to see pics of the beauties themselves!!!

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"