Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Baby names



A lot of people are wondering about our baby names, what they mean, and how we came up with them.

Coppélia Kai Ray

Coppélia is a beautiful ballet about a toy maker who makes a doll named Coppélia. The doll sits in the window and everyone thinks she is so beautiful and one of the men fall in love with her only to realize in the end she is just a doll.

Kai Ray is taken from my Grandpa Greenfield. He was an immigrant from Holland and for many generations in his family the sons would be named Rink Keimpa and then Keimpa Rink. Well he never had a son. So my cousin Nathan and I made a promise to each other that one of us had to name our child Keimpa Rink. Well I lost both my Grandpa and cousin so its a tribute to both of them who meant so much to me.

Estee MacKinnon

Estee means star but its also a shortened version of the name Ester. Ester in the bible was a very amazing women who becomes queen and saves the jewish people. She even has her own book in the bible.

MacKinnon is Tyler's mom's maiden name. We wanted to name one of our girls after someone in his family. If it was a boy he would have carried on the name Royston but we were not about to name our daughter Royston. I love the name MacKinnon!!! Its not like all the other "Mc" names out there either totally different and beautiful!!!

6 comments:

louann said...

We are SO PROUD of each of these little ones and they both have beautiful names. For anyone who might be thinking I persuaded either of them to use "MacKinnon" as part of either girl's name; you're wrong LOL. I laid low on that one when I heard they might use it but inside I was BEAMING. There wasn't a lot to work with on my side of the family and it makes my heart smile to be so honored.

Beth said...

their names are perfect, just like them:)

Amy said...

I'm glad you explained where the names came from. That makes the names you chose even more perfect for those beautiful little girls! I hope you are enjoying being a mommy. It is the most fulfilling job you will ever do!

Amy said...

I'm glad you explained where the names came from. That makes the names you chose even more perfect for those beautiful little girls! I hope you are enjoying being a mommy. It is the most fulfilling job you will ever do!

Tamar Schrater said...

Bravo on their names, guys! They're unique, but beautiful....and meaningful. You can't do much better than that!

The Ness Mess said...

They are so cute! I cant wait to see them!
Love Braily boo

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"