Friday, May 15, 2009

Long story...hope it keeps you entertained

The Story of my last 2 days…warning I’m not holding back.

We have been in the market for some big girl car seats, I mean Coppelia is still about a half pound shy of the limit but that’s like a loaded diaper right? So finally we found the ones we wanted on Craigslist for $25 each! I emailed back and forth with the owner and we agreed that I would be there at 10 in the morning to pick them up, cash in hand. I was so excited about this deal I couldn’t sleep. We were up and ready and on our way to pick them up… of course Estee wasn’t feeling good and had thrown up on herself and both the girls screamed in the car the who way there. I show up at her house right on time (this never happens). Nobody was home… I called and left a message. Finally I get a hold of Tyler and ask him to check my email. Sure enough she has left a message saying that someone came by at 8 that morning and picked them up…. STEAM WAS COMING OUT MY EARS! When someone says great I’ll see you tomorrow, I assume that means come and get them they’re yours… well apparently some people are just mean!

Now I was bound and determined to make this a great day. So I went to the mall where I was planning on getting a few things for the girls. Well… our stroller is still broken and I had to put a girl on each hip to get in the mall and to the customer service to rent a stroller. The girls were not having it. They wanted to walk! The girls are pro’s at walking (and running) its following mommy that is a problem. I mean they are only 14 months. So finally I fought them in my arms all the way to the strollers and by now I’m sweating! Of course as soon as I set the girls down to pay the lady they take off in two separate directions. Finally corralled and in our stroller we head to baby gap for their big clearance sale. I got there at 10:30 so it was fully stocked and had piece I had been eyeing for months and all at an additional 25% off!

BUT… Estee learned a new skill…she discovered how to escape the stroller. I had to run and catch Estee 3 times before making a break from the store, while I have a screaming Coppelia who wants in on the action…. FORGET IT!!! I gave up… I left my pile and decided to just go home. Of course Estee is so excited about her new-mastered skill that she continues to escape while the stroller is moving in the mall….AUGH!

So we go home where I continue to be furious about the car seats…

Day 2 – today

Great morning! Tyler got up with the girls and let me sleep in a little bit longer (he is the best). We drop Tyler off at work and head to the gym where I did 45 minutes on the stair master (dripping sweat). Then I decided I wanted to take a tan… Because face it, when you’re a mommy of multiples you don’t have time to sun bath, do your hair or put on your make up so we are all about a quick fix to make us feel a little bit better about ourselves. But I made a mistake on the way to the tanning bed, Coppelia saw me… I still got my tan but when I came back the workers said they had never seen her cry so hard and she was with the manager of the gym walking around… and where should I find my little ball of energy…. In the workout room of course galloping in front of the full length mirrors admiring herself. Then they put on the big fans and she danced in front of them (She would seriously have fun at one of Melody’s girls nights).

We get home, the girls are asleep and bonus I get to take a 5-minute shower. Then I run wake up the girls feed them lunch and get us ready to run errands. This time we go to the mall and use are double jogging stroller, which nobody uses in a mall. The girls are wearing cut off jean shorts and wife beaters with no shoes and there hair is EVERYWHERE! We look like serious hillbillies! We get to gap where I’m bound and determined to get some things. Well today it was Coppelia escaping the stroller and making dashes towards the exits. She was pulling toys and clothes off the shelves and every time I got her back in her seat Estee and her would start a fistfight. Finally I decided to buy everything in my stack and I’ll just have to make returns later. We then go to bare minerals where I accidentally bump a girl getting eyeliner done with the stroller… WOOPS! Don’t worry she was fine, I mean I felt awful, I said I was sorry about 20 times but when she glared at me I wanted to burst into tears!!!

Next we need to head to the apple store to get a new computer charger. By now Coppelia refuses to stay in her stroller and could seriously hurt herself if she continues to dive out of it. So I stick her on my hip and push Estee. Now whoever invented the stroller with the fixed front wheel was seriously stupid!!!! So I’ve got my stroller tipped up so I can maneuver it (which makes Estee nervous) and a wild Coppelia who wants down or wants to scale me. We circle the mall 2x until we finally find the store and get our charger… during the exchange of funds I put Coppelia on my shoulders where now she sits proudly. I on the other hand feel like a circus act and feel utterly embarrassed by Coppelia’s behavior. While exiting the whole store steps to the side and starts clapping for me… I felt like the Jamaican bobsled team in cool running’s when the crowd starts clapping… I feel so touched I really might start crying. Finally we exit the mall, Coppelia has ripped mommies fancy ponytail out and I’m looking like 100 miles of bad road

Onto our next adventure.

Old navy return, no problem. Costco, no problem. Mommy is starving so I decide to get a frozen yogurt to share with the girl. Estee doesn’t like it so much, Coppelia wants to devour it. We exit costco and Coppelia is screaming like her soul has been ripped out… she wants the rest of mommy’s yogurt that she is no longer sharing. Did I mention I spilled yogurt all over my tank now I’m looking like 200 miles of bad road.

Next stop… WAL-MART!!!! Estee is an angel the whole time and sits in her car seat in the basket and Coppelia is up front… but she doesn’t want to be. Finally we are done… mommy is dripping with sweat and what little make up she has on is pooled up on the sides of her nose. We are home and I took pictures of myself as evidence to this long day.

Now I could look at this day and say it was horrible but it wasn’t… and I’ll tell you why….

When I was at Gap the lady said, “You are an amazing mother with the patients of Job.” This simple comment made my day. Granted it was my ADD medicine helping me out but she was right. This day before the medicine would have sent me over the edge but today I kept my cool, I smiled all day and was still able to give my daughters all the hugs and kisses that they needed and you know what no day is going to perfect, but every day and moment I spend with the daughters is a reminder of how good the Lord is and how he has never failed me. He saw my dreams and my hearts desire and blessed me… FOR THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCIES ENDURES FOREVER!

7 comments:

Beth said...

oh my goodness hannah!!! first the wife beaters and cut offs...and then the cool runnings bobsled team....i could go on and on! i love you! you ARE an awesome mommy, an i can't wait o hear more of your adventures with the girls!!

Stephanie said...

LOL Hannah, I loved this post... you have GOT to learn the fine art of staying home though... trust me, I didn't learn it until a year ago, but now I LOVE it! No more wild mommy store moments for me... just peace, quiet and facebook :)

Erin said...

Wow girl! You tackled quite a day! Way to go! I loved hearing about your crazy time with the girls. Love you!

Hannah said...

I do stay home all the time promise! But when I have stuff to do I have lots to do and it piles up so sometimes I have to bit the bullet and just get it all done... Today we are sticking to the schedule and will be home all day!

Courtney said...

Very entertaining, but what a great perspective you give about God's blessings! Thanks for the reminder, especially when those crazy days hit.

Courtney Samuelu said...

OMG, I am laughing so hard after reading your post! What a crazy run of events. Now i know what my mom probably went through with having twin girls :) You're a great mom. And ditto about the non-swivel front wheel strollers, so dumb!

Michelle said...

Hannah ~ I loved reading your post! :) Thanks for being so transparent about what it's like being a mommy! Wish we lived closer so we could hang out!

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"