Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas time part 1

"CHRISTMAS IS BIG"!!! If you asked my Dad about he would always reply with that answer. Growing up some of my fondest memories where our house during the holidays. My Dad traveled a lot but one thing we could be sure of; he would always be there for the decorating of the house. It was an event, music played while we ate yummy treats and decorated for hours and of course the annual trip to the store when we bought a new set of lights. Christmas is my favorite time of the year and I feel the same way Christmas should be BIG. My husband told me before we were married that he didn't want decorations up and out all the time but he would give me Christmas I could go as wild and crazy as I wanted... and so I do.

Typically I would put off this post till all the decorating was done but then it would never get posted. I tend to still be decorating and making things up to the last minute when it's time to start unwrapping the gifts.

So here is a few of my decorations, projects and favorite sites (cause I must give credit where credit is due)



Here is the advent calendar I made every single detail down to the glittered numbers for my Nieces and Nephews.





I found this

http://afmwords.blogspot.com/2007/11/advent-calender.html

last year. I loved the idea but new there was so much more that could be done with it. I'll post another picture soon but I made these little red Santa bags that hang from each grommet. Inside each bag I planned something special for the family and some of these activities involve a beautiful decorated gift that they can open. I even re wrote "Twas the Night before Christmas" for each family. I have to same I pretty proud of it.

On the 24th day of December we have another family tradition. We have a birthday party for Jesus. We read the Christmas story, sing "Happy Birthday" and blow out the candles on our pretty decorated cupcakes. So on Day 24 when they open their gift they will find party supplies and these party hats I made for each kid.





But once again I can't take the credit I'm obsessed with glitterville and took the idea from this fabulous company

http://www.glitterville.com/Glitterville_Home.html


so as you can see mine are not nearly as beautiful but I was making them for 8 kids and wanted to stay within my budget. It ended up being only $1 a hat.

Here is my garland (only half way done)



once again the inspiration came from glitterville... I literally drool every time I look at his handmade creations.

1 comment:

Team Allen said...

Thanks for sharing the website. It's awesome!

Formerly "Scrambled Eggs"